Tuesday, May 03, 2005

I wonder if Alyson forgot that we're in PMI for the rest of the year. The sink and counter are clean, and the stopper is up. Her wardrobe is closed though, so perhaps she wanted a clean sink and counter.

Projects day is tomorrow and currently my project is not working. An important lesson learned is to never install an updated version of something without making sure there is a accessible and functioning backup in case the new version isn't compatible. I'm also about to learn how dependable the US Postal system is with their overnight mail delievery. Hopefully Mike, Mikey, and I will all come out okay. If everything fails we'll only have made Dr. F and the NSA look bad. Nothing too bad...(sarcasm here)

A new, just released yesterday, variant of the SOBER worm started attacking West Point yesterday afternoon. I was able to create a rule in Outlook that sends the hundreds of emails that have resulted from the worm into my deleted items. Hopefully DOIM will come up with a final solution soon. They've at least taken the step of blocking all .zip file extensions.

The NSA is supposed to release the official results of the Cyber Defense Exercise today.

All of yesterday I thought there were 26 and a butt days left, but then when I checked the countdown this morning it said 24. Sometimes it's nice to be wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment