Wednesday, July 22, 2009

First Impression

11 July 09 - Korean Air
So far so good. Luggage was a bit over, but dad paid the extra cost. I'm in a window seat in a 3 person row. The seat is comfy enough with leg room. Next time I'll send more clothes ahead of me so that I don't have to carry them. The plane is nice and the flight attendents are kind so far. there is a small bottle of water, a blanket, headphones, and a little case containing socks, a toothbrush (I think), and an eye cover if you want to sleep. The only thing lacking so far is an outlet to plug in my computer.

Just had my first Korean meal...kinda. I don't know if the plane counts. I had Bibimbap which consists of some vegies (spinich, some sort of root, sprouts of some sort, mushrooms, etc.), sesame oil, rice, and a hot pepper paste. There was also a seaweed soup, a pickle dish, and fruit for dessert. Oh, and free wine.

There is a couple in my row who have a small baby. The flight attendant brought out a bassinet thing that attaches to the wall in front of them that the baby can sleep in.

12 July 09 -First Impressions of Korea
The countryside is rather beautiful with lots of large hills covered in lush green trees and other vegetation. The temp is probably in the eighty's, but it is very humid and the sky is completly overcast. I had the exact same thought as the Soldier sitting behind me on the bus to Yongson, though he was the one who actually voiced it. We both noted that it's nice to be on bus where we can look out the windows and see the country, unlike the buses from the airport in Kuwait when we were deployed where the curtains were kept shut and we where warned not to peek out the window. There are lots of rivers and wetlands here as well as the sea, though the wetlands appear cultivated or at least void of the mess of vegetation one would see in the states. The vehicles on the road are fairly new looking for the most part and mainly consist of mid sized sedans and SUVs. The roads are well paved and free of trash and debris. So far I haven't noticed any strange smells, though many people told me that would me the first thing that would hit me when I got off the plane.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you're settling in quite well! :) Have you practiced any of the Korean I taught you? - it's a good thing you stopped here for a visit, before heading over there; who knows where you'd be without your big sis to help you out! ;)

    ReplyDelete