Sunday, November 12, 2006

Peanut Butter

I am addicted to peanut butter.  I realized this today when for dinner I sat at my desk and used a little packet of peanut butter as a dip for my 94% fat free kettle corn.  I also love to eat both fresh fruit and dried fruit with peanut butter, with one of my favorite snacks/desserts being sliced bananas on a peanut butter covered graham cracker.   I am not sure why I have developed a taste for peanut butter, because although it has always been something I’ve tolerated, I can’t recall ever having a passion for the food.  Also, it is only actual peanut butter or peanuts that I have a taste for right now, not peanut butter flavored things such as cookies. I think I shall jot it down as a weird quirk of mine, ranking right up there with my love of gravy during BEAST, especially on a piece of bread, as well as my love of a rice-tuna-cottage cheese-Texas Pete combination for dinner during crew season.  Later on I’ve gone back and tried those foods and didn’t find them nearly as appetizing.  

 

1 comment:

  1. Dad chimming in,
    I laugh at the contrast: Your grandfather had no taste for peanut butter save for one time after not eating for a few days during some kind of re-deployment during WWII. At a Red Cross tent he was given a peanut butter sandwich and thought it great.

    Peanut butter is good food and has good oils necessary for vitamin processing, etc. I wonder if you are getting enough oil like foods from other sources. I wouldn't sweat it much. Your APFT score says you are healthy.

    Much love,
    Dad

    ReplyDelete